This 2/12 event has been rescheduled due to weather.
Your registration for the 2/12 event does not save you a seat for the 2/19 event. Please reregister. Thank you.
February 19, 2017
Litchfield Historical Society
Please join us for a conversation with US history scholars Stephen McGrath and John Dasher as we explore issues surrounding the Electoral College including:
- How and why did the Electoral College come into being?
- What role did emerging differences between the northern and southern states play in the creation of the Electoral College?
- Are those differences relevant today?
- What can be done about the Electoral College?
- Are there ways to ensure that the “will of the people” as reflected in the popular vote is not undermined by the Electoral College?
- And, as we celebrate his birthday, what would Abraham Lincoln have to say about the Electoral College?
R.S.V.P. to The Litchfield Historical Society
860-567-4501 or email@example.com.
Read about the LWVUSA positon on the Electoral College